Director of IIT Delhi, Ramgopal Rao, has decided to introduce new degree and short-term courses in the upcoming academic session. The introduction of these courses is an attempt to make IITs more inclusive. According to Mr. Rao, the introduction of these courses is not to lower the quality, but simply to broaden the base.
The short-term courses are for working professionals. “Through these short-term certificate courses, students can move up and finally get a degree if they crack the examinations held,” said Mr. Rao.
Some of the courses/programs include:
- Certificate Course on “Business Management (Focus: Digital Marketing)”
- Short-term Course on “Fracture Mechanics: Linear Elasticity and FEM”
- Executive Program in “Data and Decision Sciences Consulting”
- One-week course on “Seismic Design of Steel Structures”
- Workshop on “Transportation Systems: Dynamics and Control for Traffic, Vehicles, and Pedestrians”
- Workshop on “Atomistic Simulation of Materials”
IIT Delhi also plans to start a new program – “Professors of Practice”
“This program will be started to encourage people working in various industries to come and teach our students. There will be a selection committee to assess whether they are experts in their fields and if so, they will get the opportunity to teach at IIT-D,” said Mr. Rao.
You can visit here for more details about the courses.